One of the most key areas in an office, besides the coffee dispenser, is the vending machine for snacks. Yes, you read it right; it is not the board room, but the places where the office vending machines are placed!!!
The above thought may have been said half in jest, but the importance of office vending machines cannot be undermined. In today’s times, in our country, office vending machines are not uncommon. A decade or so earlier, they might have been non-existent or were very few and far between. But it is no longer the case now. When vending machines first began, they started a revolution in the food industry and added to the fast food culture of an entire generation
With the advent of the IT boom in the early 2000s and an increase in the number of MNCs in the city, snack vending machines in Bangalore at the office place saw a rise. Companies started caring for the convenience and nourishment of their employees and installed office vending machines. Initially, snack vending machines in Bangalore dispensed only food that was rich in sugar and high calories like cola and other aerated drinks, chocolates, candy, chips and other crisps.
A growing awareness of the benefits of an improved lifestyle, eating and snacking healthy, dietary habits and keeping stress at bay has made today’s new-age generation and especially the workforce move towards healthier choices. When such is the case, can snack vending machines in Bangalore be far behind?
Let us look at some of the advantages of having a vending machine at work in the first place and what are the healthy snack vending machine benefits?
Why have snack vending machines at work?
- There were night-shift workers in the past and they continue to be present in today’s workforce too. The only difference between the two is that the first category had to get food from home or remain hungry until they left the office. But today’s office goers are lucky. They either have a cafeteria that runs late into the night and caters to the hunger pangs of the night workers or they have snack vending machines conveniently placed around the office
- Offices around the country and especially so in Bangalore have moved from the central business district and city limits to the outskirts. In such a scenario, when access to food and drink is limited, snack vending machines are a big boon to office goers
- Vending machines come with state-of-the-art technology which helps to preserve the nutritional value of the food, for a longer period of time. There is no fear of the food in the vending machines going bad or being wasted
- Snack vending machine benefits work well for companies that have a small workforce, that is, less than 200 employees and also provides an alternate and less-expensive catering option
Benefits of healthy snack vending machines
- One of the snack vending machine benefits at the office is the saving of time and productivity, in two ways. Firstly, an employee can pick up a snack from the vending machine, go to his or her workplace and continue to work and eat at the same time without a disturbance in the flow of work.
- Secondly, if an employee were to step out of the office to have a snack, maybe twice a day, there would be a drop in productivity and if this time were to be multiplied by the number of employees, then the loss is immense
- Healthy eating promotes and improves the health and wellness of employees. This, in turn, improves the overall productivity of employees, keeping them happy and away from new-age health concerns like Cholesterol, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Stress